Tailor Project Management Processes
Tailoring in the project management context refers to determining the appropriate combination of processes, inputs, tools, techniques, outputs, and life cycle phases to manage a project.
Key Points about Tailoring
- All processes must be considered in every project
- The project manager along with the project team, sponsor, organizational management and appropriate stakeholders must select the processes applicable to the project and tailor the processes according to the needs of the project
- Tailoring is necessary for every project
- Tailoring should address the competing project constraints of scope, time, cost, quality, risks, customer satisfaction etc.
- Other factors to consider while tailoring - project environment, organizational culture, and stakeholder needs